Bethel Bible-Presbyterian Church was established in Melbourne in 1986 and incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 1981 of Victoria, on 4th June 1988.
The church building was purchased at 4-10 Downing Street, Oakleigh, VIC 3166, for congregation worship. The congregation initially comprised of about 20-30 regular worshippers. Today, the congregation is made up of migrant and local families and overseas students who have chosen Melbourne to further their education.
The Constitutional objectives for our Church are:
- Salvation of souls
- Edification of Christians through the teaching of God’s Word
- Promotion of godly worship
- Defense of "the faith which was once delivered unto the saints"
- Establishment and extension of Christian missions and institutions for the furtherance of God’s Kingdom on earth
- Strengthening of mutual fellowship, encouragement and unity among individual Bible Presbyterian Churches affiliated to the Bible Presbyterian Church of Singapore and among other Bible-believing churches of similar stand "for the Word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ"
Presently, Bethel BP Church is lead by the Session (comprising of the resident Pastor and five Deacons). The services of the Church are organised to meet the following purposes: